Attorney Leif Kleven offers a free, initial consultation. During this consultation, you can speak with Mr. Kleven regarding the facts of your case. These consultations are only offered in person, at our downtown San Diego office. Mr. Kleven will explain the legal process applicable to your specific situation, and may recommend a course of action. Occasionally, additional research or investigation is necessary to completely assess your case. In that case, you and Mr. Kleven can discuss the best way to proceed.
However, no attorney can make promises of any outcome. Any attorney promising results should be viewed with extreme skepticism.
To schedule your free, initial consultation, either call our offices or complete the contact form. This consultation is completely free of charge.
Prepare for Your Consultation
Whether you are meeting with Mr. Kleven or another law firm, to make the most out of your consultation, we recommend you do the following:
- Bring all your documents. If possible, bring copies of all the documents you have collected regarding your case.
- Take Notes. A consultation can often involve explaining the legal process, as well as the specifics of your case. You may find it helpful to take notes to review should you have questions after the consultation.
- Be Honest. It is critically important to be completely honest about your legal problems. Your consultation is private and is a privileged conversation. Your attorney needs to know all the relevant facts in order to correctly assess your case.
- Ask Question. You need to understand the process and your attorney should be able to explain it to you. Ask questions if you do not understand something or have a specific question. During an initial consultation, it is possible that your questions cannot be answered so be prepared for an answer that is less than concrete.
- Understand Fees. You and your attorney will likely discuss fees for your particular situation. Do not hesitate to ask questions about what you are paying for and the amount. Most agreements are in writing, and agreements for more than one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) must be in writing. Expenses such as photocopies, faxes, mileage, etc., may or may not be included in any fee. Make sure you know what you are paying for before you agree to anything.
- One-On-One. Your consultation is a privileged communication that must remain private. Please understand if we ask family members (including your spouse) or friends to wait outside. Also, you may not want to discuss your matter in front of your children, so please make appropriate arrangements.